Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight is probably one of my favorite movies, with all the action it has to offer, all the gadgets that Batman has and the plot of the story is very entertaining.
In the movie, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. With the help of the District Attorney, Harvey Dent, the both want to see crime stopped. But, the city of Gotham is becoming prey to the the criminal mastermind, Joker. The Joker forces Batman to chose in crossing the line of being a hero or a criminal.
What drew me to liking the Dark Knight was of course, the plot. While watching the movie, it had me guessing what would happen next. Also, to be a criminal of that nature, and to portray that character the way that Heath Ledger did, is simply amazing. Christian Bale as Batman, and the way he spoke, the voice he used, also played a very good part as Batman. Who stars in the movie can help a movie as well. I would like to watch a movie especially if I like the actors/actresses.
While watching the movie I noticed all the music playing, and tried to imagine what it would be like if the music were different, or if there was no music at all. But because of the music, I was able to use my imagination more and the sound of the music helped express the emotions. The music definetly drew my attention and it helped create a visual in my mind.
Watching the Dark Knight there is a lot going on, although the movie is a little dark at times, I felt like I was almost placed in Gotham and a part of what was going on. Selecting the cast, location and costumes helped me visualize the whole story. The Joker in his face paint and suit, almost a little creepy but I also felt very sorry for him as well. He always seemed to be one step ahead of Batman, predicting what Batman's next move was going to be. The Joker seemed very intellegence in judging peoples character and using that to hurt them.
The Dark Knight is a great movie, very entertaining and very good use of visual affects, characters, location and costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment